Oakridge International School bases its curriculum on the Republic of the Philippines Department of Education's K+12 Curriculum and augmented by other countries standards. As summed up by the Common Core State Standards Initiative: Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. With Oakridge students fully prepared for the future, our students will be best positioned to compete successfully in the global economy.
Our standards define the knowledge and skills students should have within their K-12 education careers so that they will graduate high school able to succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing academic college courses and in workforce training programs. The standards:
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current Philippine standards;
- Promotes Life Skills
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based.
Our standards are based on the following:
Oakridge follows the definition as set by UNESCO, which states “Inclusive Education systems that remove the barriers limiting the participation and achievement of all learners, respect diverse needs, abilities and characteristics and that eliminate all forms of discrimination in the learning environment.” Students with special needs accepted into the program will have their needs addressed and planned based on their Individualized Educational Program. IEP are delivered within the regular classroom setting to the greatest extent possible. An Educational Assistant/ Resource Teacher is required to assist in the delivery of services. Thus, there is a supplementary charge for Inclusion Program.
Foreign Language Program
Oakridge International School of Young Leaders offers ESL (English as a Second Language) to all non-English speakers including foreign nationals who seek to learn English for their future endeavors.
Oakridge International School of Young Leaders offers FSL (Filipino as a Second Language) to students who have difficulties in understanding and communicating in Filipino.
Oakridge International School of Young Leaders offers Mandarin Class to equip our students another foreign language that will give them an edge in the world. We utilize a more practical approach (speaking, listening and reading - rather than memorization), our Mandarin program is specifically for non-Mandarin/ non-Chinese speakers.
Scholastic Reading Program
We are proud partners of Scholastic, a global leader in Reading education, to supplement our curriculum. The Scholastic Guided Reading Program supports a comprehensive reading program by integrating differentiated small–group instruction, assessment, and independent practice into your classroom.
Teachers begin by grouping students, then prompt, encourage, and confirm how students apply problem-solving strategies as they read.
Scholastic PR1ME Mathematics
Scholastic PR1ME Mathematics is a world-class program based on effective teaching and learning practices of methods of three nations leading in the world of Mathematics – Singapore, Hong Kong, and the Republic of Korea.
The program has the following objectives:
1. Provide schools with an effective teaching and Math learning practices from top-performing nations
2. Provide practical and meaningful experiences on Math concepts.
3. To give sustainable trainings and professional development to teachers and implementers.
4. To make math learning more engaging by using technology and interactive materials to teach students
Scholastic Prime Mathematics is based on a pedagogical approach and instructional design that:
- Teaches via Problem Solving
- Develops Metacognition and mathematical thinking
- Is effective, measurable and diagnostic
- Incorporated professional leaning into the curriculum framework
- Uses technology to teach and engage students