Oakridge International School bases its curriculum on the Republic of the Philippines Department of Education's K+12 Curriculum and augmented by other countries standards. As summed up by the Common Core State Standards Initiative: Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. With Oakridge students fully prepared for the future, our students will be best positioned to compete successfully in the global economy.
Our standards define the knowledge and skills students should have within their K-12 education careers so that they will graduate high school able to succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing academic college courses and in workforce training programs. The standards:
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current Philippine standards;
- Promotes Life Skills
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based.
Our standards are based on the following: